Chia And Flax Seed Loaf
Lee Homes shares with us her delicious Chia and Flaxseed Loaf.
Makes one loaf.
This is my daily bread and what a diva of a loaf it is. Use it for blissful open-top sandwiches or a mouthwatering and satisfying toasted sandwich. The perfect skin food.
- 350 g (12 oz/21/3 cups) gluten-free self-raising flour
- 30 g (1 oz/1/4 cup) ground flaxseeds
- 20 g (3/4 oz/1/4 cup) chia seeds
- 115 g (4 oz/3/4 cup) mixed sunflower seeds and pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 x 35 gm packet Brook Farm Brothers Blend nuts crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 80 ml (21/2 fl oz/1/3 cup) additive-free coconut milk
- 5 drops stevia liquid
- 125 ml (4 fl oz/1/2 cup) Meko coconut water
- Cocolife organic Coconut oil spray for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (345°F/Gas 3–4) and grease and flour a 20 x 9 cm (8 x 31/2 inch) loaf (bar) tin with Cocolife organic Coconut oil spray.
- Combine the flour, flaxseed, chia, sunflower, pumpkin seeds, crushed nuts and salt in a bowl and mix until combined.
- In a separate large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the eggs for about 2 minutes – they should be pale and fluffy.
- Stir in the apple cider vinegar, butter, coconut milk, stevia and coconut water. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the flour mixture and stir well to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- This loaf will keep for one week in the fridge or two months in the freezer.