Dairy-Free Mandarin & Lucuma Chia Parfait
Amy Crawford was a corporate career girl knocked sideways by Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. She has reincarnated as a Holistic Practitioner, writer, blogger, and author of a series of whole foods eBooks, A Nourishing Kitchen. Here she shares with us one of her top healthy recipes!
Dairy Free Mandarin & Lucuma Chia Parfait
- 1 mandarin
- 1 cup rice milk (or milk of choice)
- ¼ cup The Chia Co chia seeds
- 1 scoop Nuzest Clean Lean Protein powder
- 1 dessert spoon lucuma
- 1 heaped tablespoon buckwheat
- 1 heaped tablespoon coconut yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon The Sugar Breakup golden rice malt syrup (optional)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
- Place the peeled mandarin, buckwheat, milk, lucuma, maca, The Chia Co chia seeds, vanilla, Nuzest Clean Lean Protein powder and optional The Sugar Breakup golden rice malt syrup into a food processor and combine until smooth and creamy.
- You may need to add a little more liquid if adding the protein powder.
- Pour into a glass and allow to stand for a few minutes, allowing the chia to thicken the parfait.
- Spoon on a healthy dollop of yoghurt and swirl through.
- The addition of some homemade granola on top gives this parfait the all important crunch factor.
Discover more healthy eating inspiration from Amy Crawford www.theholisticingredient.com