Dan Churchill's Homemade Granola
You probably recognise Dan Churchill from Masterchef where he wowed us with his culinary skills. Since then Dan has released his second self published book 'The Healthy Cook' which flew off the shelves. This month were lucky enough to have Dan share with us his Homemade Granola and boy does it taste good!
- 1/2 cup Raw cashews
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Almonds (ideally activated)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp Coconut oil (can also use macadamia or Grapeseed)
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Quinoa Flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup Desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Combine the nuts in a mortar and pestle and give them a light bashing. You want them to still keep their shape but just be a bit deformed.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients except the desiccated coconut.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and carefully pour mixture out onto tray making
sure it is evenly spread. Put in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven spoon over the desiccated coconut and test to see if you want
more honey. Stir before putting back in for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, serve with natural yoghurt and fresh fruit, I love my berries.