Moroccan Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Soup
Heat up this winter with this hearty soup - full of vegetables, immune boosting ingredients and a good source of protein to keep you full! The GMB HQ is going crazy for soups as they are the perfect meal to cook a big batch and save for a delicious warm lunch the next day. Our friend Sarah Gary, Health and Nutrition Manager at Boundary Bend Olives, shared this nourishing recipe with GoodnessMe Box that is too good not to share with you!
Recipe: Moroccan Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Soup
Serves 3 | GF
- 400 g cauliflower (roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (halved)
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onion
- 3 tablespoons high quality Australia Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 teaspoon of each dried cumin, coriander, chilli, thyme and fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons of natural yoghurt
- 4 cups free range chicken stock
- Mix cauliflower, garlic and onion with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and bake at 180 degrees C, for 15 minutes. Put aside a few pieces of cauliflower.
- Mix the roasted cauliflower with the stock and remaining olive oil – bring to the boil and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Mix the chickpeas with the spice mix and roast in the over at 180 degrees C for 15 minutes (mix once).
- Once cooled, blend the soup mix until smooth. Mix in the yoghurt.
- To serve, ladle out some soup, and top with some of the reserved roasted cauliflower, some roasted chickpeas and some chopped spring onion (optional). Enjoy!