Raspberry and Apple Muffins
Nothing tastes better than warm muffins straight from the oven.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (but not hot)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour*
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup natural evolution smoothie mix
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup raspberries + a couple more for presentation - optional
- 2 tbsp paleo granola
- a sprinkle coconut sugar - optional
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a muffin tray with patty pans or lightly butter.
- Whisk almond milk and apple cider vinegar into a medium bowl, and set aside for 5 minutes. Stir in rice malt syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Into a large bowl, add oat flour, almond meal, smoothie mix, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined.
- Fold in apple pieces and raspberries, before evenly distributing the batter into the muffin pan.
- Top with extra raspberries, paleo granola and a sprinkle of coconut sugar.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
*To make oat flour, add rolled oats to a high speed blender or food processer, and mix until a flour forms.
This recipe was created by @amylecreations for the October GoodnessMe Box.