Recipe: Gluten-Free Hemp Scones With Raspberry Chia Jam
This month, we got a little creative when it comes to re-imagining the classic combo: scones and jam! Usually reserved for high-tea, we can't see why healthy scones and jam can't be enjoyed at any time of the day! Do you agree?
Keep scrolling for a delicious recipe using hemp and almond flour as the main ingredient and one of our go-to chia jams that's super easy to whip up!
RECIPE: Hemp Scones with Chia Jam
V, GF, DF
2 cups almond flour
¼ cup Ananda Foods Hemp Flour (Find it in the April GoodnessMe Box)
1/4 cup coconut sugar
½ cup coconut yoghurt
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
For Raspberry Chia Jam:
1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
2 tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the coconut yoghurt and gently mix to form a dough.
- Form into 1-inch thick circle, then slice into 5 scones and transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- To make the raspberry chia jam, mash the raspberries in a small bowl with a fork. Add the chia seeds and mix well.
- Once cool, top the scones with the raspberry chia jam and coconut yoghurt.