Vegan Flaxseed Crackers
No need to purchase processed crackers full of processed ingredients and additives for your next snack-attack when making them is just so easy. Our friend Mandy Sacher, author of Wholesome Child: A Complete Nutrition Guide and Cookbook, has kindly shared this great recipe with us that we can't wait to cook ourselves! Do only question is: what dip to eat them with?!
Recipe: Flaxseed Crackers
Vegan | GF | DF | Makes 50 crackers
Prep time : 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- ¼ cup (45g) flaxseeds
- ¼ cup (40g) pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup (40g) sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup (50g) chia seeds
- ¼ cup (40g) sesame seeds
- ½ - 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup filtered water (125ml)
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup buckwheat flour , ⅓ cup millet flour and ⅓ cup arrowroot.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Place all seeds in a food processor and pulse until smooth. If you don’t want them to become meal consistency, then just give them a few pulses.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until just combined.
- Place in between two sheets of baking paper and roll to 3-4mm thick. Transfer to baking tray and bake for 20 mins or until golden and crisp.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack then break into pieces and serve.
Note: can be stored in an airtight container for up to 14 days.