Recipe: Creamy Vegan Mac 'n' Cheese With Hemp Parmesan
There's something about a good Mac 'n' Cheese. It's comforting, it's creamy and it's carbolicious (is that even a word?). Either way. Here at GMB, we're dedicated to bringing you the healthiest swaps so that you don't have to miss out on the foods you love!
The recipe below is great for those who follow a vegan lifestyle or don't do dairy—and if you haven't already given the Pimp My Salad Hemp Parmesan a go from your April GoodnessMe Box then now's the time to do so!
Creamy Vegan Mac 'n' Cheese With Hemp Parmesan
1/3 cup cashews
1 small carrot
1/2 sachet Pimp My Salad Vegan Hemp Parmesan
1 tsp Dijon mustard
100g gluten-free macaroni elbows
1. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
2. Meanwhile, roughly chop the carrot and place all other ingredients into a small saucepan with 1 cup water.
3. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 15 minutes, until the carrot and cashews are soft.
4. Either using an immersion blender or a regular blender once the mixture has cooled, blend into a smooth, creamy sauce. Taste and add salt or pepper if you like.
5. Drain the pasta and fold through the sauce while the pasta is still hot. Serve and top with a generous sprinkle of Pimp My Salad Hemp Parmesan!