Recipe: Almond & Coconut Truffles
We recently met the inspiring Rachel Gorney, creator behind My Wholesome Kitchen. Rachel makes wholesome food that you can truly taste is made with love and so much joy! All the ingredients are 100% organic, using only the finest natural products and super foods available. All the recipes are sugar free, gluten free and vegan.
We have been lucky enough to try her heaven balls, chocolate crunchy cups and granola crunch. Now it is time to give these beauties a go with her special recipe for almond and coconut truffles!
Almond and Coconut Truffles
By Rachel Gorney – My Wholesome Kitchen.
Makes 15 Truffles.
- ¼ cup of almonds, roughly chopped
- ½ cup of natural almond meal
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut + extra for coating
- ¼ cup of dried figs, chopped
- 3 heaped tbsp. natural almond butter ½ cup of almond meal
- 2 tbsp. raw honey or rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla powder or vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. filtered water (optional)
- In a high speed food processor combined all the listed ingredients making sure its well combined and a smooth consistency.
- You may need to add an extra splash of water depending on how the batter comes together. If it’s too dry then you may need to add a splash of water and blend again.
- Roll small balls in the palm of your hands and then roll into the extra desiccated coconut.
- They will keep for 7 – 10 days in a air tight container in your fridge.
My Wholesome Kitchen is a home cooking and catering business that offers a range of services. The brand is known for its delicious and nutritious snacks that are available for purchase from their online store and delivered straight to your door.
Want to know more about My Wholesome Kitchen?
Visit www.mywholesomekitchen.com.au or call 0423 063 605 for cooking or catering enquiries.