Recipe: Blueberry & Black Tea Cake
Winter is well and truly upon us! We don't know about you, but there's nothing better than spending the weekend in the kitchen baking up a storm when it's cold out! This blueberry and black tea cake is one recipe you're going to want to add to your 'must-make' list. It stars the Swirlit Blueberry & Black Tea which you'll find in the June GoodnessMe Box. It's packed full of powerful antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties thanks to the polyphenols found in blueberry extract and is also free from refined sugar (aka better for your teeth). Fun fact: It was developed by a dentist so it gets the tick of approval when it comes to oral health!
RECIPE: BLUEBERRY + BLACK TEA CAKE
½ cup Swirlit Blueberry + Black Tea
1 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
¼ cup coconut sugar (or sub for granulated sweetener of choice or raw sugar)
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
½ cup frozen blueberries, plus extra to top
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
2. Combine the sugar or sweetener, Swirlit Blueberry + Black Tea, egg, and melted coconut oil and stir well.
3. Sift in the flour, baking powder and baking soda and stir until evenly incorporated.
4. Fold through the blueberries and spoon the batter into a lined or grease loaf tin.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a knife comes out clean and the cake is golden brown on top.
6. Allow to cool, slice and top with remaining blueberries. Enjoy!
Try it for yourself and don't forget to tag us on social @goodnessmebox #goodnessmebox. We love seeing the recipes you recreate at home!