Recipe: Refined Sugar-Free Cinnamon Glazed Donuts
This month, we're all about proving to you how sweet life can be when you ditch refined sugar! These Cinnamon Glazed Donuts feature the Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener Icing Powder as it's star ingredient (you'll find this in the August Refined Sugar-Free Box). They are also gluten-free, dairy-free and utterly delicious!
Recipe: Cinnamon Glazed Donuts
GF: DF: V
250g chickpea flour, sifted
1 cup almond meal
½ cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener Icing Powder
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup pureed cauliflower
3/4 cup milk of choice
¼ cup melted coconut oil
1 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener Icing Powder
1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
7 tablespoons milk of choice
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C (fan forced). Grease a donut pan with coconut oil.
2. For the cauliflower puree, steam cauliflower then blend to equal 1 cup.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the chickpea flour, almond meal, icing sugar, cinnamon and baking powder.
4. Add the cauliflower puree, milk and coconut oil and mix well so there are no lumps.
5. Spoon the batter into the greased donut pan.
6. Bake in the oven for 14-16 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
7. Allow the donuts to cool for 30 minutes.
8. Whisk together the frosting ingredients and drizzle over the donuts.
9. Sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!