Our flavourful vegan carbonara will take you to pasta heaven. Enjoy a bowl of creamy goodness without the additives!
Serves 1-2 people
¼ cup cashews, soaked overnight
½ cup water
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
Salt + pepper, to taste
8-10 button mushrooms, sliced
1 packet Vetta penne pasta
1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- Soak the cashews overnight or cover in boiling water for 5 minutes to soften and then drain.
- Blend the cashews, water, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt and pepper in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Spray a little olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms for a few minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions then add to the pan, along with ⅓ -½ cup cashew cream. let cook down on medium for 1-2 minutes stirring constantly. The sauce will begin to thicken.
- Serve topped with freshly chopped parsley.