Baked Snapper With Chilli
This gorgeous recipe comes from Luke & Scott’s ‘Clean Living Cookbook’ and we were lucky enough to feature it in this months GoodnessMe Box! We hope you enjoy!
There’s something about combining white fish and chilli that really gets us going, and this dish doesn’t disappoint. If snapper’s not available, it works well with other fish too, like bream or trevalla.
- 4 × 240 g red snapper fillets, skinned
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- ½ small red capsicum, chopped
- ½ small yellow capsicum, chopped
- 1 tomato, sliced into thin wedges
- ½ cup chopped coriander
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a shallow baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the fillets in the tray and set them aside for a moment.
- Combine the chilli with the lemon and lime juice and stir. Pour the juice over the fillets and allow to marinate for 10 minutes, turning a couple of times.
- Sprinkle the spring onion, capsicum and tomato over the fillets.
- Cover the fish with a piece of baking paper, then cover the entire tray with foil and pop it into the oven for 15–20 minutes, or until the flesh flakes at the thickest part of the fillet.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes,
- Sprinkle with the coriander and serve.
Tip: This fish goes beautifully with a zesty side dish such as our Fennel and Grapefruit Salad or some blanched broccoli.
To find out more about Luke & Scott go to www.lukeandscott.com