Vegan Recipe: Choc-Nana Cookie Crunch Ice Cream By Katie Lolas
If the combination of chocolate, banana and cookies isn't enough to make you drool, we don't know what is! Here, Katie Lolas (better known on IG as @lady.lolas) shares her recipe for a healthy, homemade vegan ice cream. Both creamy and crunchy, it's so easy to whip for the perfect summer dessert. DELISH!
Time: 3 hours
Makes: 10 serves
- 6 cups frozen banana
- 5 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 Shelby’s Salted Caramel, Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate Bars
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Shelby’s Salted Caramel, Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate Bar, diced
- Coconut flakes
- Fruit and nut mix of choice
1. Place the frozen bananas, cacao powder, vanilla extract, a pinch of salt and coconut milk into your blender.
2. Blend on high and use a plunger to push down the bananas as needed. After 2-3 mins the mixture should be smooth. If the mixture does not blend add an additional splash of coconut milk.
3. Break up Shelby’s Salted Caramel, Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate Bar into small bite-sized pieces and mix through ice-cream using a spoon.
4.Sprinkle with your favourite toppings and eat right away or freeze for 2-3 hours so that the mixture can be scooped into cones.
- Substitute coconut milk with any other plant-based milk.
- If you have a super sweet tooth add ¼ rice malt syrup to the mixture.
Check out Katie's 'My Day On A Plate' here!