Chocolate Tahini Balls
- ½ a cup of hulled tahini
- ¼ a cup of rice malt syrup
- ½ a cup of desiccated coconut
- ½ a cup of LSA (or almond meal)
- ½ a cup of quinoa flakes
- ¼ a cup of cacao powder
- 4 tbsp. of chia seeds
Mix all ingredients together
Form into small balls
Roll in desiccated coconut
Enjoy with a cup of Ruby and Honey Bee's ‘And…Relax’ Tea.
This recipe provides the following nutritional benefits:
- Tahini – fantastic source of calcium, iron, magnesium, and B vitamins
- LSA – Protein, omega-3 fats, vitamin A, E, D and B, calcium, zinc and magnesium
- Quinoa flakes – a complete protein (all amino acids), magnesium, manganese and fibre.
- Cacao Powder – magnesium, antioxidants, sulphur (beneficial for healthy skin and nails)
- Chia seeds – omega-3 fats, protein, magnesium, fibre, calcium, vitamin C, antioxidants, and iron
The amazing recipe comes to us from Naturopath Katie Barrin, Katie is also the founder of Ruby and Honey Bee Tea; which was features in a variation of this month GoodnessMe Box.