Earl Grey Tea Cake
There's no need to give up your favourite treats when you move to a wholefood approach to eating - just switch them up a little! In our opinion, healthier alternatives taste even better! Take these adorable earl grey tea cakes for example. They look just like the ones Nan used to make, but they're brimming with good-for-you ingredients and Madame Flavour's Australian Afternoon Grey blend. The frosting is cashew cream and it's delish. What's your favourite healthy treat?
- 500g apples, peeled and cored (or pureed)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- ½ cup coconut oil, solid state
- 1 tea packet Madame Flavour Australian Afternoon Grey tea- contents only
- 1 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 3 cups almond meal
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan-forced and line a 20 x 20 baking tray with baking paper.
- Blend apples, lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla, coconut oil and tea in a high-speed blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a bowl and fold in almond meal and ground flaxseed.
- Spoon into a lined baking tray and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 1 hour. Completely cool before removing from tin.
- Top with lemon cashew cream, blueberries and lemon rind.
Lemon cashew cream:
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup filtered water
- Pinch of sea salt
Combine frosting ingredients into a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy. Store the reminding cream in the fridge for up to 5 days.