The Fit Foodies Fennel Salted Snapper With Beetroot Puree
This recipe comes from Sally The Fit Foodie. Perfect as a mid-week meal or special enough to serve to guests, this restaurant-quality dish is packed full of protein, omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants. Along with it’s low-carbohydrate profile this is a great evening meal.
- 2 fresh snapper fillets (approx 200g each)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp himalayan sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup fresh dill
- juice ½ lemon
- 2 wedges lemon
- 1 cup mixes leaves
- 2 medium beetroots, cooked
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp wasabi powder (optional)
- 1 garlic glove, crushed
- himalayan sea salt and black pepper
Method | Serves 2
Blend the beetroot puree ingredients together and season to taste.
Heat coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan.
Squeeze lemon juice over snapper fillets, the rub with salt, lemon zest, fennel seeds and half the dill.
Add fish to the pan, cooking for 4 mins on each side\*
Serve puree between two bowls, with 1/2 cup salad and a lemon wedge.
Top with snapper and serve with remaining dill.
- Remember fish will continue to cook out of the pan. Cook to 90%, then remove to a plate to ensure fish is not overcooked.
- Test with a fork – ensuring the middle of the fish flakes easily.
- This recipe would also be delicious with tuna, salmon or basa fillets. Just be sure to opt for sustainably caught fish.
This recipe come from Sally the Fit Foodie who will be whipping up something delicious at our Wholefood Night Markets on the 11th of November at The Grounds of Alexandria in Sydney.