Recipe: Healthy Homemade Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Cups
Trust us when we say, there homemade salted caramel peanut butter cups taste just as good as they sound!
Makes one large or two smaller cups
1 Shelbys Salted Caramel, Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate Bar
1 tbsp smooth natural peanut butter
1/2 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 block vegan dark chocolate (tip: Lindt 70% and up is vegan!)
1. Break up half of the chocolate and melt in the microwave by heating for 20 second intervals and stirring each time. The chocolate should take 40-60 seconds in total.
2. In a nonstick or lined cupcake tray, divide the melted chocolate between 1 or 2 cups. Gently tilt the tray in a circle so that the chocolate runs up the sides of the cup. Wait a minute for the chocolate to cool a little more and repeat. Repeat once more after another minute (so that the sides are a little thicker) and then place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes to set.
3. Meanwhile, crumble the @shelbys_hh bar into another bowl and add the peanut butter and maple syrup. Place in the microwave for 30 seconds, remove and stir well to combine. Allow to cool.
4. Remove the chocolate cups from the freezer and fill each cup with the peanut mixture.
5. Melt the remaining chocolate using the same method as above.
6. Spoon the chocolate evenly over the cups and gently smooth to form the lids. 7. Place in the freezer for at least an hour to set completely.
8. To remove, gently turn the cups upside down and tap to loosen. Enjoy!
Click here for more seriously good recipes!