Spicy Mushroom Risotto
If you want to add a fiery, flavoursome twist to your risotto, then this fancy yet easy dinner recipe is for you!
1 Tbs olive oil
½ brown onion, diced
2 cloves fresh garlic, finely sliced
1 Tbs fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 Tbs Thai red curry paste
300g button mushrooms, sliced
1 packet Tilda Firecracker Basmati Rice
½ cup canned coconut milk
Handful basil leaves, chopped
Fresh lime juice
- Heat olive oil and saute the onion in a medium pot or pan over a medium heat until soft.
- Add garlic, ginger and curry paste, and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they start to wilt.
- Empty the contents of the rice into the pan along with the coconut milk and 2-3 tablespoons of water. Continue cooking (for 2-3 minutes) until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat, stir in basil and season with lime juice. Serve with protein of choice (optional*).