Superfood Chocolate Velvet Hearts
These chocolate velvet hearts are so simple to make and they are packed full of nutrients that will win over any heart this Valentines Day.
Makes approximately 16 bite sized chocolate hearts
- 100g organic cacao butter
- 30g organic cacao powder
- 20g IsoWhey Wholefoods Organic Beetroot Maqui and Goji Superfood Powder
- 15g Organic Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- 15g organic honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Pinch of salt
- Goji berries and cacao nibs (for sprinkling into moulds)
- You will need some silicon moulds for the chocolates, available from any good department or kitchenware store. You can also make this recipe as chocolate bark and simply pour the mixture onto grease-proof paper sprinkled with cacao nibs and goji berries
Heat a saucepan half filled with water over a stove on low-medium heat until just simmering. Place a heat-proof bowl over the simmering water and place the cacao butter in the bowl. Melt the cocoa butter slowly and remove from heat immediately once it has completely melted to liquid form. Be careful not to burn or boil the cacao butter; it should be just hot enough to melt.
Mix in all other ingredients and stir to combine.
Sprinkle the cacao nibs and goji berries into your silicon moulds. Pour the chocolate mixture into each mould over the nibs and berries.
Place in the fridge and allow to set completely.
Remove from moulds once set.
The chocolates need to be kept in the fridge until serving.
For a beautiful Valentine’s Day gift, wrap the chocolates in brown paper or cellophane and enjoy with loved ones.
Recipe by IsoWhey Influencer & publisher of Paleo Foodies, Alison Sims.
For more V-Day recipes, try these 3 Cacao Recipes for your Valentine..or Yourself.