Recipe: Healthy Roasted Capsicum & Cashew Dip
Not only is a healthy, homemade dip great for entertaining, it also makes for a great snack every other day! This recipe is full of flavour and colour and packed with antioxidants and healthy fats with just the right amount of spice! Top with the Hemp Australia Hemp Seeds and serve with the Ceres Organics Crispy Rice Clouds, both of which you'll find in the June Brainfood Box!
RECIPE: HEALTHY ROASTED CAPSICUM & CASHEW DIP
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1/3 cup chargrilled baby bell peppers (or semi sundried tomatoes; find both options in the deli section)
1/4 cup raw cashews
1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
Pinch of sea salt
Hemp Foods Australia Hemp Seeds and Ceres Organics Sriracha Sass Crispy Clouds, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC on ‘grill’ function.
- Deseed and roughly slice the capsicums.
- Place onto a lined baking tray with the capsicum and grill until the skin blisters and blackens a little. This should take about 15-20 minutes.
- For the last five minutes, add the cashews to the tray to toast. Watch to make sure that nothing burns!
- Allow the capsicums, cashews and garlic to cool and then add to a blender with the baby bell peppers or tomatoes, lemon juice, olive oil, paprika and salt. Blend until you reach your desired consistency (you can either blend until smooth or leave the dip a little chunky).
- Spoon into a bowl, sprinkle with hemp seeds and serve with Ceres Organics Sriracha Sass Crispy Clouds. Enjoy!
Try it for yourself and don't forget to tag us on social @goodnessmebox #goodnessmebox. We love seeing the recipes you recreate at home!