Thai Basil Stir-Fry
Whip up this delicious vegan stir fry with an explosion of flavour in less than 30 minutes!
250g firm tofu, cubed (or protein of choice)
Few grinds of salt + pepper
¼ cup hoisin sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp sesame oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
1 large red capsium, thinly sliced
1 head of broccolini, cut in half
1 cup fresh Thai or regular basil leaves
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 packet Tilda Fragrant Jasmine Rice
- Place tofu block in paper towel and squeeze to remove moisture. Cut into 1-inch cubes. Toss with salt and pepper
- Make sauce by combining hoisin sauce, tamari, lime juice and 2 tablespoons of water. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon sesame oil to a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the tofu, flipping occasionally until brown all over and crispy, for about 5-7 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of sesame and add the broccolini, onion, capsicum, garlic and ginger to pan. Stir fry for 2-4 minutes or until the veggies are slightly browned and cooked through.
- Add the tofu back to the pan and pour in the prepared sauce to bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and let cook for about 3 minutes or until sauce has thickened to preference.
- Heat rice in microwave according to package instructions.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the basil and sesame seeds.
- Serve over rice and enjoy.